Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with very low record levels in Mixbus 6
I have a pretty simple Win 10 Realtek HD audio setup with Mixbus 6 that has worked well in the past for doing relatively simple video mixes.
Typically there is a 2 channel narration track and a 2 channel music bed track for simple animated infomercials. 16 bit or 24 bit 48KHz PCM WAV audio tracks.
Mix and monitor playback are all at correct indicated levels on the meters, but when I punch into record, the levels drop by about 40dB in the recording. This shows in the edit screen waveforms on the tracks and WAV exports are very low too, even though the meter levels and master levels in the mixer remain at normal levels peaking in the -3 to 0 range on the K-meter.
I have deleted and reinstalled the Realtek drivers, and deleted and reinstalled Mixbus 6.  Made sure the registry is clear. Checked I/O routing, tried inverting channel phase to see if it was a phase issue, no luck.

Hardware is an MSI GT72 i7 6700, 32GB ram, Nvidia GTX970m GPU with Sabre audio DAC  running under standard Port Audio MME configuration. Windows mixer levels are all at 100%. I use powered speakers for monitor volume. I have Sonarworks Reference 4 DSP processing in the monitor path. All of this has worked flawlessly in the past.  Taking Sonarworks out of the loop makes no difference. Win10 64bit version 21H1 creators edition up to date.

Any ideas? This is kicking my butt.

Razz