Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11
If anyone was curious about Mixbus 32C being compatible with Windows 11, it installs and opens without issue. However, I installed the Harrison AVA plugins and some Plugin Alliance plugins and they install fine, but not all of them show up after installing. I have the plugin paths set correctly. You can see the plugins as they are being scanned, but none of the AVA and only some of the Plugin Alliance VSTs and VST3s show up in the Plugin Manager after the scan. Same issue with Reaper, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with Mixbus.
Have you tried deleting the Cache and Blacklist and doing a fresh scan ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Yes. As stated, this happens in Reaper also. The same plugins show in both DAWs which seems to indicate a problem with how Windows 11 works. I will play with it more in the next few days.
Windows has always been a banana product: ripes at the customer site. Never use before the first two service packs, ahem "editions".
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(10-06-2021, 06:43 PM)Perry Warren Wrote: Yes. As stated, this happens in Reaper also. The same plugins show in both DAWs which seems to indicate a problem with how Windows 11 works.

Could it be that the installers are installing both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the plugins? Maybe try installing a 32-bit version of MB32C and see if it then finds the ones which didn't get found the first time.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
If the missing VST plugins are from waves it might be because of their "different" setup
(10-06-2021, 04:56 PM)Dingo Wrote: Have you tried deleting the Cache and Blacklist and doing a fresh scan ?

So I was testing on a spare laptop and installed Windows 11 from scratch. I wiped the drive and re-installed, but this time i made sure I ran all available updates. I think the problem with some of the plugins is that the video driver was just the basic Microsoft driver. After I ran all updates, I installed the plugins again and they all work. The only one I had an issue with was Celestion SpeakerMix Pro. I emailed their tech support and they sent me a link to some C++ libraries that needed to be installed. All working now. I do like the Windows 11 aesthetics. It looks cleaner and better organized. I don't think much has changed under the hood. So I suspect that Windows 10 drivers will work for most things. I still haven't tried my thunderbolt interface since the laptop does not have a thunderbolt port, but I am encouraged so far. I was mostly interested to see if my DAWs and plugins would install and work. Now I guess I'll install Windows 11 on a spare SSD I have and try it on the studio PC. I do like the multiple desktop feature quite a bit. I think that will be very useful.
Glad to see you are making progress... keep us posted Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5