Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip: SOS - Basics & Beyond, free eBook
Hi!

Just giving you a tip about a free eBook from the makes of the Sound On Sound Magazine.

It's mainly aimed at beginners of recording and mixing, but I think most people might find something of interest. As Mixbus/Mixbus32C users, you already have the best DAW and the book covers lots of stuff.

Get it here at: https://sosm.ag/recording-ebook.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(09-22-2021, 08:30 AM)Jostein Wrote: Hi!

Just giving you a tip about a free eBook from the makes of the Sound On Sound Magazine.

It's mainly aimed at beginners of recording and mixing, but I think most people might find something of interest. As Mixbus/Mixbus32C users, you already have the best DAW and the book covers lots of stuff.

Get it here at: https://sosm.ag/recording-ebook.

I'm never too good to not find something every time I read through basics. So thanks jostein.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(09-23-2021, 09:12 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: I'm never too good to not find something every time I read through basics. So thanks jostein.
MMM

I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to thinking like this. I firmly believe that one should take a step back from time to time and do that. It makes me better as a musician, sound engineer, and almost anything else. One large step back is often a good step forward.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Thanks Jostein. Looks interesting and is very well presented.
Of course one needs to sign up to their email list but can then unsubscribe if one wishes. I have a special email a/c just for this purpose.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(09-24-2021, 03:58 AM)sunrat Wrote: Thanks Jostein. Looks interesting and is very well presented.
Of course one needs to sign up to their email list but can then unsubscribe if one wishes. I have a special email a/c just for this purpose.

SOS have a lot of good stuff which I often used in the past, for example an excellent article about stereo.
I'll stay subscribed, their advertising income is dependent on subscriber numbers.
MMM

P.S. And a great 70-parts series about synthesis!
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I'll stay subscribed to see what flows down their email pipe. Most of the subscriptions in that email account are from free plugin downloads such as Frozen Plain, D16 Group, Mogwai Audio Tools, Bertom, etc. I'm a sucker for trying new free plugins although I don't end up using most of them. Their mailing lists are low traffic so I keep subscribed.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Thanks for the info.
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9
Thanks for sharing.