Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual monitor screen resolution issue
Have used Mixbus on Windows and Linux, but since I acquired a 4K monitor for a dual monitor setup where one is 1080p and the other 4K, the program is now unusable. Since the program detects a 4K monitor, both mixer and editing monitors are at 4K, which means that one of the screens GUI's are cut off. When I contacted Harrison Consoles (HC) about this, I was told the best way to remedy the situation is to buy another 4K monitor or buy a Mac. If I have two 4K screens, I have to squint for all the other programs I use because the size of text will be too damn small. The 2K monitor is a relief to look up things like emails. Mac computers apparently adjusts the resolution of programs for monitors. Only Mac devs have the technical savvy to adjust programs for screens and this is beyond the ability of Windows and Linux devs. I asked if HC would be so kind as to update the program so that it can adjust resolution according to the monitor being used, but apparently this is too big an ask as I am the only person on a planet who has monitors with differing resolutions.
This is not something that Mixbus can solve. The application may be partially shown on each screen, or you may even choose to replicate the same content on both displays.
In either case Mixbus would need to render the overlapping part twice, using different resolutions for each screen, but there is only a single application window to render to.

This issue needs to be solved on operating system level, not application level. Apple machines do this out of the box, other systems require some configuration.

Since you left IRC chat early, you missed my reply how you can solve this on GNU/Linux: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions...plications
(09-21-2021, 10:36 PM)x42 Wrote: This is not something that Mixbus can solve. The application may be partially shown on each screen, or you may even choose to replicate the same content on both displays.
In either case Mixbus would need to render the overlapping part twice, once for each screen, but there is only a single application window.

This issue needs to be solved on operating system level, not application level. Apple machines do this out of the box, other systems require some configuration.

Since you left IRC chat early, you missed my reply how you can solve this on GNU/Linux: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions...plications

Mixbus seems to be the stand-out program because other applications scale according to monitors I use. Only Mixbus has it chopped off. The Linux solution is to make both the screens 1080p, which sort of defeats the purpose of getting a 4K screen. I also do pro video editing using DaVinci Resolve and will not disable that program to accommodate Mixbus. What a sad state. HC throws their differing monitor users under the bus. At the very least, the user could be allowed to scroll to the required panel section as a work-around or allow the user to rescale the screen by grabbing a corner and dragging to size. Nope. Thanks.
I have the same setup, 4K + 1080p monitor on Windows 10 but I don't have your issue unless I am spreading the same window across the monitors. I use the 4K monitor for the Mixer and the 1080p monitor for the Editor windows and both shows right within their resolution and scale.

I agree with x42 that this is a OS issue and not a Mixbus issue.
(10-27-2021, 08:23 AM)patriciocs Wrote: I have the same setup, 4K + 1080p monitor on Windows 10 but I don't have your issue unless I am spreading the same window across the monitors. I use the 4K monitor for the Mixer and the 1080p monitor for the Editor windows and both shows right within their resolution and scale.

I agree with x42 that this is a OS issue and not a Mixbus issue.

Yep. Detach the mixer and thus have two windows which will be rendered correctly for the respective monitor.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I have recently tested version 9, and dual monitors (2 and 4K, respectively) still do not work on LinuxOS, but do work on WindowsOS. This is a shame, because I got Mixbus with the (mistaken) impression that there would be full functionality on Linux. I do have DaVinci Resolve, however, and that program can accommodate both resolutions on dual monitor in LinuxOS just fine. After I uninstalled the evaluation version 9, I now get intermittent hiss on all exports from my licensed version of Mixbus 8. Thanks guys!