Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meter bridge window issue
I'm not sure which sub-forum to post this in, so bear with me.

I'm running Mixbus 32C 6 on a single-screen system.

Here's what happens....
I open the meter bridge window, and it works normally.  Right up until I click somewhere on the Editor screen to make an adjustment.  Then it disappears.
If I just simply click on the Window menu, without actually selecting anything, the meter bridge reappears.

I don't seem to remember having this issue before, but it's been a while since I've used the meter bridge.  I've been through all the settings and can't find anything to change to fix this.
What am I missing?
Hi CurtZHP I have tried to replicate the issue on MB32C v6 with single monitor on macOS Catalina.
I had no issue keeping meter bridge open whilst editing. I used factory settings for the preferences but see no options in prefs for UI window display.
What OS are you on ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-17-2021, 01:53 AM)Dingo Wrote: Hi CurtZHP I have tried to replicate the issue on MB32C v6 with single monitor on macOS Catalina.
I had no issue keeping meter bridge open whilst editing. I used factory settings for the preferences but see no options in prefs for UI window display.
What OS are you on ?

Windows 10.
I just tried this in Win10 and I noticed that if the meterbridge window is in front of the Mixer window it seems to be "always on top". But that doesn't always hold true for the Editor window. If I click on the Editor window (while the meterbridge is in front of it) sometimes the meterbridge will stay on top and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure if there's a reason for the difference - especially if it doesn't happen with the other platforms   Huh
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(09-18-2021, 10:27 AM)johne53 Wrote: I just tried this in Win10 and I noticed that if the meterbridge window is in front of the Mixer window it seems to be "always on top". But that doesn't always hold true for the Editor window. If I click on the Editor window (while the meterbridge is in front of it) sometimes the meterbridge will stay on top and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure if there's a reason for the difference - especially if it doesn't happen with the other platforms   Huh

I hadn't noticed that particular distinction before, so I went back and verified it.

Sure enough, as long as I'm in the Mixer window, the meter bridge stays put.  But, if I'm the Editor window, the problem is just as I stated in the original post.
At least I know it's not just me!