Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get Mixbus as stable as possible
Hi,
Some month ago, I was getting some strange behaviour of Mixbus32C in editing.
I wonder if not having a realtime setup for my computer could be the cause, since I recently reinstall Windows, and therefore didn't having check again some option dealing with realtime.
I really think that developer don't let obvious bug in the program, like I experienced with Mixbus.
So my question is, what can I do for having a stable software, and enjoy the max of Mixbus ?
Is a old computer like mine (HP Pro Desk 600 SFF) could be a problem ?
Thanks for your help. :-)
Charles.
(09-14-2021, 11:16 AM)interlagos Wrote: So my question is, what can I do for having a stable software, and enjoy the max of Mixbus ?
Here is a very comprehensive guide to configuring Windows for audio - https://confluence.merging.com/display/P...figuration
Not all of the mentioned tweaks are essential, but things like setting background applications to have priority in performance settings can be most helpful.

Is a old computer like mine (HP Pro Desk 600 SFF) could be a problem ?
That model name covers many different possibilities. What processor and how much RAM do you have?
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.