Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BT ear phones suitable for Mixing
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone found BT ear phones suitable for Mixing yet..?
Headphones are causing me more problems if I wear them for over twenty minutes or so. ear phones seem no problem. But not found any BT ones  that work well using my audio interface phones out connection using BT transmitters any recommendations

Best Regards
Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
Bluetooth always uses compression, even aptX, so I wouldn't consider it for mixing.
Maybe you just need better headphones. What are the ones causing problems? I find earphones much more uncomfortable and annoying than headphones. Currently using Austrian Audio Hi-X55 which are comfortable for hours, although I would have bought the newer Hi-X65 open back model if it was available at the time.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(02-14-2022, 09:00 AM)sunrat Wrote: Bluetooth always uses compression, even aptX, so I wouldn't consider it for mixing.
Maybe you just need better headphones. What are the ones causing problems? I find earphones much more uncomfortable and annoying than headphones. Currently using Austrian Audio Hi-X55 which are comfortable for hours, although I would have bought the newer Hi-X65 open back model if it was available at the time.

Hi sunrat, thanks for reply. 
I'm deaf and wear two hearing aids, but for my home music have managed with headphones - using 1 x HD380 pro (closed) for recording and an (open) pair for mixing. but now have issues with compression on the side of my head. Anyway I have found some cheap wired earphones (Samsung) to be extremely close sounding to my mixing headphones. I would be delighted if I could get a BT set and do away with the wires.
Alas as you say I don't think I will have any success with BT as there is always some form of latency. I managed to get a BT transmitter to connect to my headphones out on my Audiofuse interface and also playback OK-ish using BT  earphones but absolutely no chance of recording anything using BT because of latency. So I will do some more research and see if I can improve on the old pair of Samsung's attached photo they have a TRRS end male connection.. I have cut back and slipped on some earphone tips to stop them slipping out of my ears

Cheers
Alan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6