Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording gone
Hello
I've been having a lot of issues with Mixbus 32c v6
The main recuring problem is when Mixbus crashes during recording, and when recovering it will ask about missing files forever (every time the session opens). Another issue often follows, when trying to record, it will only record for a couple of secounds.. A workaround I found was copying the session folder and using the new copy. However, after continues work on the lastest session this happened to, I had some very frustrating trouble once again.
The day after recording, I was going to make some mixdowns, but when opening the session one of the recodings was totaly missing. All files was intact, but just this one specific track was noware to be found. Just an empty 'placeholder' on the track. This wasn't even the last recorded file, the recordings after was still there! And yesterday it played all fine.. I find this very strange. But most of all very discuraging working with the daw. Besides all the flaws, the backup system has always worked. But this time I lost my work forever Sad
(08-28-2021, 01:42 AM)Fred_Alert Wrote: Hello
I've been having a lot of issues with Mixbus 32c v6
The main recuring problem is when Mixbus crashes during recording, and when recovering it will ask about missing files forever (every time the session opens). Another issue often follows, when trying to record, it will only record for a couple of secounds.. A workaround I found was copying the session folder and using the new copy. However, after continues work on the lastest session this happened to, I had some very frustrating trouble once again.
The day after recording, I was going to make some mixdowns, but when opening the session one of the recodings was totaly missing. All files was intact, but just this one specific track was noware to be found. Just an empty 'placeholder' on the track. This wasn't even the last recorded file, the recordings after was still there! And yesterday it played all fine.. I find this very strange. But most of all very discuraging working with the daw. Besides all the flaws, the backup system has always worked. But this time I lost my work forever Sad

Your installation seems to have multiple problems.
1) how often does Mixbus crash?
2) Are you getting x-runs? If you get these buffer underruns it will stop if it is set to "stop at x-runs" in the preferences, set them so "set marker"
3) lost files are a thing I've never experienced - have you checked in interchange?

Have you tried to remove Mixbus completely and reinstall? Tell us a bit more about your system anyway...

Cheers
MM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths