Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidechain compression
Hi,

This is probably something really simple that I'm not getting at all at the moment.

So I wan't to duck the bass guitar very slightly with the kick drum.

I load up an ACE compressor, go to the pin management screen, engage the side chain and select the kick as the source and make sure the blue side chain is connected to the side chain input.

This works fine when I've got the bass track solo'd to start with - I can hear the kick having an effect, but if I disengage the solo and re-solo I can hear both the Kick and the bass at the same time. The Kick's solo button has a green border - how do I disengage the solo on the kick so I can process the bass without hearing the send from the kick?

Thanks,
Darren
In Preferences / Monitoring try checking Solo Controls are Listen controls.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ces-window
Because the SC source and destination are all within the channel domain, solo as solo will force any SC source to be solomute isolated (half green) so that the signal can still trigger the SC.
I tend to work in a different way, I put the Bass ducking ACE Compressor on the Bass Mixbus and use a prefader send from the Kick channel.
In Preferences / Signal Flow I have Mute Affects pre-fader sends unchecked.
This way I can solo the Bass MB and hear the affect of the Ducker in isolation.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
You can solo on the bass track and disable the master output on the kick