Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for field recording in Mixbus 7
Greetings to the whole Mixbus community, I wanted to ask you about your experiences of field recording with mixbus, I would like to use this methodology by acquiring the audio with my smartphone and then passing everything into the mixbus and operating. Have you had such experiences that you can advise on the use of the parameters already included in mixbus ? I have version 7 (not 32c). Thanks to all and best regards from Naples (Italy) Smile 

gennaro
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
When you say "acquiring the audio with my smartphone" I assume you're using some sort of audio interface into your smart phone so you can use good microphones? The microphones built into your smart phone are not very good and you'll only get two channels anyway...you would be better off recording directly to an app on your phone and then opening those files in Mixbus later for editing, processing, and mixing.

I routinely use an external recorder, or an audio interface into my phone, for field recording. When I record into my phone (using good microphones and an excellent interface, the Sonosax M2D2), I record using the Apogee Metarecorder app for iPhone; for Android you could use the Field Recorder app but note that it only records 16-bit not 24-bit. I get fantastic recordings on my iPhone this way; I save those files to my Dropbox and then on my desktop computer I start a new project in Mixbus and import those files.

This is the normal process I would use for field recordings; I don't think it's possible to use your phone as an interface to record directly to Mixbus on your computer although I could be wrong. But in any case, you shouldn't use your phone's built-in microphones for recordings you care about.
(08-24-2021, 07:58 AM)bjohnh Wrote: When you say "acquiring the audio with my smartphone" I assume you're using some sort of audio interface into your smart phone so you can use good microphones? The microphones built into your smart phone are not very good and you'll only get two channels anyway...you would be better off recording directly to an app on your phone and then opening those files in Mixbus later for editing, processing, and mixing.

I routinely use an external recorder, or an audio interface into my phone, for field recording. When I record into my phone (using good microphones and an excellent interface, the Sonosax M2D2), I record using the Apogee Metarecorder app for iPhone; for Android you could use the Field Recorder app but note that it only records 16-bit not 24-bit. I get fantastic recordings on my iPhone this way; I save those files to my Dropbox and then on my desktop computer I start a new project in Mixbus and import those files.

This is the normal process I would use for field recordings; I don't think it's possible to use your phone as an interface to record directly to Mixbus on your computer although I could be wrong. But in any case, you shouldn't use your phone's built-in microphones for recordings you care about.

Hi, for field recording with my smartphone i used mic Cewaal - https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B075HBR...UTF8&psc=1 - with android 9 system and app wave editor,with various effetcs ( eq,normalize etc etc) and transfer with wi-fi airmore web on my hp elite 8200 for treatments on mixbus 7
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html