Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More mixer windows?
It would be very nice to be able to open more than just one mixer window. I'm working with a four screen system and feel a little claustrophobic with just one window. The need for scrolling and switching multiple tabs on and off is constant. Keyboard shortcuts and other little helper elements on top of other elements are convenient, with one window almost necessary, but with more displays one could have everything available all the time if needed. I'm coming from Logic and really like and miss it's possibility to open as many mixer windows as needed and set them up the way I want to.

Have a nice day you all!
Hello!
First of all, congratulations on being able to afford 4 monitors. I use a laptop with an extra monitor and this is what I did:
Go into your video card utility and set it up to span multiple monitors. Then, open Mixbus and look in the upper right hand side. There will be buttons that show mixer, editor, and recorder. If you right click on each, you will get a small drop down menu where detach will be an option. Make all three windows detached. Now one at a time, open each window and drag it to a screen and resize it with your mouse. I put my mixer on my bigger external monitor at max size. Then I put my editor and recorder windows on my laptop screen and resized it to max. Using the buttons, I can look at the editor or the recorder. Since you have 4 screen, you can place the editor and the recorder on one each and the mixer can be resized with your mouse to span two. If you span two monitors with the mixer, you may even be able to view all your tracks and buses without scrolling.

Hope this helps.
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9
If you span the mixer window across two monitors you will likely have a mixer track or two end up at the point where the two monitors join.
Rather than scroll left/right when you need to adjust some aspect of those tracks, simply add two more blank tracks to your mixer and position THEM
at the monitor split points. No more need to scroll.

Cheers!
Patrick
(10-02-2021, 06:41 PM)PBuryk Wrote: If you span the mixer window across two monitors you will likely have a mixer track or two end up at the point where the two monitors join.
Rather than scroll left/right when you need to adjust some aspect of those tracks, simply add two more blank tracks to your mixer and position THEM
at the monitor split points. No more need to scroll.

Cheers!
Patrick

Good idea Patrick!
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9