Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some quirk using mixbus v7
Hai, I just have mixbus v7, playing around for several days for now, and found some quirk. 
First, I mix some project in it. My workflow is basically gain staging, leveling, panning, busing some track to audio bus before goes to 8 mixbus. Some panning are revert to middle when i route them to audio bus, even on stereo audio bus. Should it retain pan position?
Second, I like to split track to several clip, to know which section it is by seeing the clip in the overview. But when I do this, some track seems to lost sync with another, like it have been draged several ms. Looking at the clip it still on the position where it intended to. Workaround is just to reload/import the audio file then it in sync again.
Third, I'm aware of the waves plugin slugishnes, as I experienced myself when loading it. Sometimes it just hang in there and I can do nothing except waiting for it to respond again. Are there workaround? I search the thread here, but the workaround is not working for me. 
Thanks in advance for response.
Can't answer most of these but will try to troubleshoot the second:
1. unlikely given your description, but check that Ripple Edit mode isn't on (use "1" key to cycle through edit modes)
2. V7.1 has a new ability to drag audio around within a clip (region). Also unlikely but may happen if you're shift+clicking or whatever the new key combo is.
3. aaaany chance it has to do with a specific plugin stopping to think while you split regions and increasing in latency? Harrison is constantly addressing plugin vendor idiosyncrasies (as I understand it) and I sometimes come across one that adds latency but doesn't seem to tell Mixbus. E.g. u-he Satin introduces latency during printing (for me) of a few ms without talking to Mixbus about it.

Sorry I don't have input on the other things.
(08-18-2021, 05:14 AM)dreerozz Wrote: Third, I'm aware of the waves plugin slugishnes, as I experienced myself when loading it. Sometimes it just hang in there and I can do nothing except waiting for it to respond again. Are there workaround? I search the thread here, but the workaround is not working for me. 

Over the years we've had lots of reports about Waves plugins and sluggishness - and they've usually turned out to be issues with a library called OpenGL. You might find this thread helpful. To cut a long story short, NVidia graphucs cards will usually allow you to change your OpenGL settings whereas other cards (e.g AMD) usually don't.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(08-18-2021, 11:40 PM)Flagfoot Wrote: Can't answer most of these but will try to troubleshoot the second:
1. unlikely given your description, but check that Ripple Edit mode isn't on (use "1" key to cycle through edit modes)
2. V7.1 has a new ability to drag audio around within a clip (region). Also unlikely but may happen if you're shift+clicking or whatever the new key combo is.
3. aaaany chance it has to do with a specific plugin stopping to think while you split regions and increasing in latency? Harrison is constantly addressing plugin vendor idiosyncrasies (as I understand it) and I sometimes come across one that adds latency but doesn't seem to tell Mixbus. E.g. u-he Satin introduces latency during printing (for me) of a few ms without talking to Mixbus about it.

Sorry I don't have input on the other things.

1. Its a hit or miss, sometime it happen, sometimes not. Will try ripple edit though.
2. It happen in v7.0.150. Haven't upgrade yet. Will try later. Agreed probably something that I click that I'm not aware of.
3. Nope, waves plugin only, other plugin just fine, and I haven't put any plugin when that happen. Just select then split then the clip become un-sync.
(08-19-2021, 01:10 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 05:14 AM)dreerozz Wrote: Third, I'm aware of the waves plugin slugishnes, as I experienced myself when loading it. Sometimes it just hang in there and I can do nothing except waiting for it to respond again. Are there workaround? I search the thread here, but the workaround is not working for me. 

Over the years we've had lots of reports about Waves plugins and sluggishness - and they've usually turned out to be issues with a library called OpenGL. You might find this thread helpful. To cut a long story short, NVidia graphucs cards will usually allow you to change your OpenGL settings whereas other cards (e.g AMD) usually don't.

Yes from what I read its OpenGL thing. I do use Nvidia card (old GT740) has tinkering some of the setting with no result. Will read the thread you linked though.
(08-20-2021, 03:41 AM)dreerozz Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 01:10 AM)johne53 Wrote:

Over the years we've had lots of reports about Waves plugins and sluggishness - and they've usually turned out to be issues with a library called OpenGL. You might find this thread helpful. To cut a long story short, NVidia graphucs cards will usually allow you to change your OpenGL settings whereas other cards (e.g AMD) usually don't.

Yes from what I read its OpenGL thing. I do use Nvidia card (old GT740) has tinkering some of the setting with no result. Will read the thread you linked though.

Setting Nvidia Adjust Image Setting to Performance did the trick. Now Waves plugin behave normal, no lag, no slugishness.