Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse Tracks?
In other DAWs I have been able to record reverse guitar tracks.  How can I do that with Mixbus?
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...?q=reverse

just go to the Region menue and reverse your selected region will do the trick I think.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(08-17-2021, 06:02 PM)valpd Wrote: In other DAWs I have been able to record reverse guitar tracks.  How can I do that with Mixbus?

Hi valpd, welcome to the Forum.
Mixbus cannot currently do reverse record (flip tape recording).
It does have Varispeed record which is in early implementation.
As arthie suggested, you can reverse a region.
However I assume you want to be able to perform / record whilst the backing track / count is running backwards just as we did on flipped Magnetic tape.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
therefor I think the only workaround would be: export session, revert it, import it, record to the reverse-mix and afterwards deactivate reverse-mix and revert recorded track I think. okay a bit complicated, but should work?
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
@arthie: if you use any MIDI tracks, then yes the best option is to export the mix; import it to a track; and reverse the region. Then solo that track and record against it.

If you don't use any MIDI then it might be a little faster to make a Range, Consolidate, and then reverse the regions. The new "Playlist for all tracks" comes in handy here: you can stash your edited tracks as a playlist group; do your consolidating&reversing, and then revert to the edited playlist before the consolidate.

-Ben