Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb automation question
If this is covered in the manual, I missed it.

I have a multitrack session with a combination of MIDI and live tracks and I've automated some fader moves on some of the tracks, as well as one of the mix buses.

I deleted a long count-in at the beginning of the song, since we no longer needed it.  Now I'm left with a measure or two (several seconds) of silence before the music starts.  I'd like to simply delete that, or just grab everything and move it to the left, but I'm concerned that my automation won't follow.

I'm sure there's a way to get the automation to "stick" to the corresponding audio, but I can't seem to find it.

Where do we hide that particular feature?  Or does deleting the opening measure automatically compensate for that?
Just wounder why you should want to move everything left. for export just set start locator to the actual starting pont and leve that space as it is, does not hurt (except the inner monk wants to have no space left, than it is an actual thing to move).. As far as I know automation is in most DAWs timecode based and will not move with your objects easily. Perhaps an option to "delete time span" does the trick.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Best is to experiment!
Make a session with one track, do some automation of bult in options and that of plugs and drag a region wherever you please.
Then you will see and know what happens.

best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Looks like selecting all tracks, selecting "remove time" from the track menu, and removing the appropriate amount of time from the front of the session did the trick and kept all automation in the right place relative to its corresponding audio.