Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save Backup Snapshot On Export
At first, I thought that the "save a mixer snapshot" was actually a file snapshot; i.e., a backup. I do appreciate the image capture, it has come in handy several times, but each time I think, "wouldn't it be great if there was a backup made at that moment as well?" Export signifies a kind of node in the workflow; it means everything has been dialed in, and the results rendered. So it would be very convenient, both in trouble-shooting and mix comparison, if it could be set to snapshot the session whenever an export takes place. This of course should be an optional feature in the preferences.

Thank you for your consideration.
(07-04-2021, 05:28 PM)amanamission Wrote: At first, I thought that the "save a mixer snapshot" was actually a file snapshot; i.e., a backup. I do appreciate the image capture, it has come in handy several times, but each time I think, "wouldn't it be great if there was a backup made at that moment as well?" Export signifies a kind of node in the workflow; it means everything has been dialed in, and the results rendered. So it would be very convenient, both in trouble-shooting and mix comparison, if it could be set to snapshot the session whenever an export takes place. This of course should be an optional feature in the preferences.

Yeah, could be as simple as just another tick box in the export dialogue. "create snapshot with export file name" or so.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-05-2021, 05:12 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 05:28 PM)amanamission Wrote: At first, I thought that the "save a mixer snapshot" was actually a file snapshot; i.e., a backup. I do appreciate the image capture, it has come in handy several times, but each time I think, "wouldn't it be great if there was a backup made at that moment as well?" Export signifies a kind of node in the workflow; it means everything has been dialed in, and the results rendered. So it would be very convenient, both in trouble-shooting and mix comparison, if it could be set to snapshot the session whenever an export takes place. This of course should be an optional feature in the preferences.

Yeah, could be as simple as just another tick box in the export dialogue. "create snapshot with export file name" or so.
MMM

I like that idea.