Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Mixbus show audio region file/folder paths?
Hello,
I have a finished session that uses audio files from different folders and many files have the same names ( ex: a file called 'synth one' resides in 3 different folders but only one of them is actually being used in the final mix).  None of the files are in the session interchange folder.
I want to delete the unused files from the folder that Mixbus is referencing but I don't know which files are being used from which folder.
Is there a way for Mixbus to show which files from which folders are being used? I want to avoid 'bring all media into session folder' if possible. Also, should I clean up unused sources and regions first?

Thank you
-Metrobot
Look inside the session's .ardour file. It has the names of the files used and a path that will be searched to find them.

Cheers!
Patrick
(06-23-2021, 05:24 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Look inside the session's .ardour file. It has the names of the files used and a path that will be searched to find them.

Cheers!
Patrick

Thanks PBuryk.
How do I look inside the file? (I'm using Mac) I can only open the session.  
-Metrobot
You should be able to use whatever text editor is part of that OS.
Just be careful NOT to "write" any inadvertent changes to the file!

Cheers!
Patrick
(06-24-2021, 03:40 PM)PBuryk Wrote: You should be able to use whatever text editor is part of that OS.
Just be careful NOT to "write" any inadvertent changes to the file!

Cheers!
Patrick

Best practice for everything like this: make a copy of the file first.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Thankyou!
-Metrobot
@metrobot: also the "Source List" on the right side of the editor has a column for the file path. Also i think the tooltip shows the full path.

Show the editor list with View->Show Editor List in the main menu.

-Ben