Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surround and Atmos
(07-10-2021, 09:15 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Yep

This is what you get when you choose 6 channels (for 5.1) in Ardour. You get 6 speakers evenly distributed over 360 degrees and you can move the dot along the periphery of the circle, but not into the middle. Thus, you can place sound at the periphery but not in the room. Not to mention that this is not 5.1 at all.

Ideally there could be a post fader plugin which takes a signal, pans it and sends it to four or six mixbuses for the front/surround speakers and has a lowpass /dedicated LFE channel which sends to yet another mixbus for the sub. Should be doable with pin management, sounds actually quite simple when I think about it. Atmos is, of course, at another level and I wouldn't expect Harrison to implement this into their low cost DAWs.

MMM

Adding: Center should be a dedicated mono channel anyway, just in case someone is missing a channel above...
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I would assume that any multichannel version of Mixbus would have multiple multichannel Busses and Master.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-11-2021, 01:05 AM)Dingo Wrote: I would assume that any multichannel version of Mixbus would have multiple multichannel Busses and Master.

That would be ideal... only Harrison are saying there won't be multichannel versions, hence the idea of the plugin.
The last (and only) surround project I did I used Ardour and ambisonics plugins and it was cumbersome.
Since I have recently started playing (with) synths a lot I'm thinking of surround again Smile

MMM
Linux throughout!

(07-11-2021, 03:42 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 01:05 AM)Dingo Wrote: I would assume that any multichannel version of Mixbus would have multiple multichannel Busses and Master.

That would be ideal... only Harrison are saying there won't be multichannel versions, hence the idea of the plugin.
The last (and only) surround project I did I used Ardour and ambisonics plugins and it was cumbersome.
Since I have recently started playing (with) synths a lot I'm thinking of surround again Smile

MMM

Hmm  The multichannel version, in software is according to me finished. Hardware too is availalble with Joystick controllers i have seen

A multichannel plugin will not work in Mixbus.   I consider Mixbus ideal for creating stereo stems, to be fed into a plugin host like Gig performer or Carla.  Inside multi channel plug ins, and reverbs

I have to finish a lot of semi life mixes, and than i will make a setup in software and hardware : i reserved a few speakers and amplifiers for that..

: and DA converters (Motu AVB) and speaker wire

Synth? 

which ones?    My original dream synth , the Synthclavier i have a superversion of  IT  : The Arturia does more than the original soft synth.
I bought a hardware synth A Hydrasynth , to play life, without a computer. Plug in switch on, play

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 

+1
Cool
Quote:Frank:
Synth? 

which ones?    My original dream synth , the Synthclavier i have a superversion of  IT  : The Arturia does more than the original soft synth.
I bought a hardware synth A Hydrasynth , to play life, without a computer. Plug in switch on, play

I was dreaming of a HW vocoder for a long time, so I got a VC340 eventually. Then for the fun of it I got a bunch of small gadgets, Volca: FM, Sample2 and most importantly modular and the three more Behringers: Crave, TD-3 and RD-6. All with plenty of patch points. Now I'm learning the sequencers and quirks of each of them, can't wait to inter-patch them. The Volca modular has one or two interesting concepts you can't find in Eurorack-Land, the Crave has a cool VCO and a ladder filter, the RD-3 could be a sub-bass for the Crave... and then i haven't even touched the FM...
All DAWless jamming fun Smile
MMM
Linux throughout!

I had a Sennheiser VSM 201 Vocoder for many years, not sure what happened to it but I've been looking for a software version to replace for sometime.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-13-2021, 02:04 AM)Dingo Wrote: I had a Sennheiser VSM 201 Vocoder for many years, not sure what happened to it but I've been looking for a software version to replace for sometime.

Software Vocoder 

[/url][url=https://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder4/]coming soon  

Orange

the old one
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(07-13-2021, 02:49 AM)Frank Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 02:04 AM)Dingo Wrote: I had a Sennheiser VSM 201 Vocoder for many years, not sure what happened to it but I've been looking for a software version to replace for sometime.

Software Vocoder 

[/url][url=https://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder4/]coming soon  

Orange

the old one

Fun with the CALF vocoder - but real knobs are better and Behringer nailed the sound.
https://soundcloud.com/madmaxmiller-1/vocoder

Smile
Linux throughout!

Dolby now has a kit that enables DAW's to do Atmos Rendering internally (no need to connect to an external unit). We are in the process of sorting out a revised development agreement so we can have access. Lots of details to be thought through, but this as well as other "surround" specifics are on the road map.