Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user, new fan. Let's spread the word!
I heard about Mixbus through word of mouth. Smartly, Harrison is generous with the demo and didn't force-expire after 7-14 days like a lot of companies do with their products.

After trying it I immediately believed in what the company was trying to accomplish, but it took a couple of versions before I really "got it" and had to have it. Version 7 is what did it for me!

Last night I tried a test mix with existing stems, to compare with my previous version mixed in another DAW... The result was incredible. My quick mix in Mixbus32C sounded better than the one I slaved over in another DAW. (!)

This isn't to say there's anything wrong with that other DAW. Rather, it's a testament to the benefit of surfacing the EQ, compressor, and saturation on every channel in Mixbus32c. On my large 4k monitor I can see all of this at once, with ease.  Having instant access to these controls meant that I could make faster decisions while jumping through fewer hoops. I got into that state where I just used my ears and made decisions that sounded good -- and it worked.

The different stages of EQ, compression, and saturation all feel intelligently designed to work well together. Everything was pretty intuitive in terms of navigation. I just got in, did a mix, and ended up with better results faster than in my other DAW.

Luckily the intro price sale was still on, and I jumped on it!

Like I said, it was word of mouth that introduced me to Harrison Mixbus. One person said they use it almost like a VR game simulation -- playing the role of an audio mix engineer using a real hardware console. Another told me they use Mixbus32c because they can get their music to quickly "sound like a record" when using it. (Same experience I had.)

So with that in mind, I'm going to do my part to spread the word to others wherever I can. I don't think Harrison has a giant marketing budget, so the users and loyal fans can play a role in telling others about this DAW which is truly unique, and really in a special category from any other.

Let's spread the word! Big Grin
Great to hear from other people who love Mixbus and Mixbus32C as I do. For mixing, it is in a league of its own. I bought a t-shirt and hoodie from https://www.harrisonconsoles.com/swag/index.html and wore it often at my live gig to spread the word. Cool Wink

Note to Harrison dudes - why is there no link to the swag shop from either Harrison or Mixbus web page?
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Hey Sunrat, I had not seen the Harrison swag before! I really like the black shirts with the Mixbus logo. I see one in my future. Thanks!
My favorite t-shirt is the one that says:
SHUT UP
AND
MIX

GOOD ADVICE for ALL!
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(06-04-2021, 08:22 AM)Theotherguy Wrote: My favorite t-shirt is the one that says:
SHUT UP
AND
MIX

GOOD ADVICE for ALL!

Mine is totally worn over the years!
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Yeah, mine is very "broken in".
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(06-04-2021, 08:22 AM)Theotherguy Wrote: My favorite t-shirt is the one that says:
SHUT UP
AND
MIX

GOOD ADVICE for ALL!

+1
Cool
I had the same experience as the OP (maybe there should be (or is there?) a thread for new users to share their "Wow!" moments!).
I have been using Ardour on Linux Mint for quite a while but switched to Avlinux MX yesterday which included the Mixbus 32c demo - previously I had wondered if there was a big enough difference to Ardour using tape and console plugins but -wow! The workflow AND the sound! Incredible!
I spent all day yesterday trying to get Avlinux and Mixbus demo to work without crashing (just had to switch a setting from Alsa to Jack in the end) but as soon as I got it running and imported some tracks I was blown away - and bought a licence straight away!
I've spent today remixing old recordings and (besides being FUN to use) - it is, as many people have said, SO much quicker and easier to get better sounding mixes than with any other DAW I've used.
Every track I've remixed sounds better than before and I didn't realise how much I missed the console type workflow - fantastic product! Can't wait to start some new projects with it!
Just wanted to thank all the people involved in the development of this product!, Thanks!!!