Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side chain not connecting
I must say the I love the ace and stock plug ins, so useful and recently exploring the side chaining possibilities whith some great results.
However I've had the odd instance where the side chain doesn't connect. I select the track in the drop down menu on the pin connection and the box stays blank and the little orange connection didint show in the trigger channel strip as normal.
I  solved it once when I realised I was using the stereo  version of the ace compressor in a mono track.
However I have been having the same problem using the expander. I was trying to connect it to a kick drum track and it wouldn't. Could there be any other things to look for that would be preventing it from connecting? I do have another non-stock plug in on the channels in question.
(05-15-2021, 02:52 AM)johnthechippy@yahoo.co.uk Wrote: I must say the I love the ace and stock plug ins, so useful and recently exploring the side chaining possibilities whith some great results.
However I've had the odd instance where the side chain doesn't connect. I select the track in the drop down menu on the pin connection and the box stays blank and the little orange connection didint show in the trigger channel strip as normal.
I  solved it once when I realised I was using the stereo  version of the ace compressor in a mono track.
However I have been having the same problem using the expander. I was trying to connect it to a kick drum track and it wouldn't. Could there be any other things to look for that would be preventing it from connecting? I do have another non-stock plug in on the channels in question.

I have tested this out on macOS and am able to get ACE COMP and EXP to sidechain. 
Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
johnthechippy@yahoo.co.uk

I also noticed that the third-party vst3 does not see the input for the side chain, although the same plug-in in vst2 connects without problems

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)