Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activate and Bypass Plugins, EQ and native compressor with Lua Scripts
I know that there is a Lua Scripts to Bypass the plugins of the selected tracks. However it would also be interesting to have Lua Scripts to Bypass the Mixbus native EQ and Compressor as well as Lua Scripts to reconnect all plugins (this is useful when I need to record / re-record something when I am in an advanced stage of the mix with many plugins inserted, to try to reduce the Buffer Size to a minimum possible value). I can deactivate all the Plugins with Lua Script, but then I have to manually reconnect them.

It will also be important that each session memorizes the Lua Scrips that I choose (see attachment), because when I reopen a session it resets my choice of Lua Sripts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-13-2021, 09:45 AM)cduarte Wrote: It will also be important that each session memorizes the Lua Scrips that I choose (see attachment), because when I reopen a session it resets my choice of Lua Sripts.

That's not what I am getting on macOS... on my system LUA choices save and recall fine.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-14-2021, 04:32 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 09:45 AM)cduarte Wrote: It will also be important that each session memorizes the Lua Scrips that I choose (see attachment), because when I reopen a session it resets my choice of Lua Sripts.

That's not what I am getting on macOS... on my system LUA choices save and recall fine.

@Dingo, you're right. I tested this feature on another Windows 10 PC and it worked there. I have to see better what's wrong with my PC
In case in anybody needs to see some scripts in full, here are some Lua scripts for activating and bypassing respectively the EQs and compressors on all tracks.

Files are attached. Remove the '.txt' extension from the files - I had to add them to be able to upload them here...
On Windows the scripts go in the folder "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Mixbus7\scripts"

The script for bypassing the EQs contains the following function:
Code:
function factory () return function ()
  for r in Session:get_tracks():iter() do
    r:eq_enable_controllable():set_value(0, PBD.GroupControlDisposition.NoGroup)
  end
end end

The only difference when activating the EQs is a '1' in place of the '0':
Code:
    r:eq_enable_controllable():set_value(1, PBD.GroupControlDisposition.NoGroup)
  end
end end

Function for bypassing compressors:
Code:
    r:comp_enable_controllable():set_value(0, PBD.GroupControlDisposition.NoGroup)
  end
end end

And hence the function for activating the compressors:
Code:
    r:comp_enable_controllable():set_value(1, PBD.GroupControlDisposition.NoGroup)
  end
end end

Attached Files
.txt   Activate_compressors.lua.txt (Size: 346 bytes / Downloads: 9)
.txt   Activate_EQs.lua.txt (Size: 327 bytes / Downloads: 7)
.txt   Bypass_compressors.lua.txt (Size: 342 bytes / Downloads: 5)
.txt   Bypass_EQs.lua.txt (Size: 322 bytes / Downloads: 4)