Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus V7 - System crash when loading TC Electronic MD-4 HD Native
Hi everyone,

I installed Mixbus V7 yesterday. Today I scanned my plugins (without problems) and created a project with just 1 stereo audio track (48kHz). I wanted to load the latest current version of TC Electronic MD-4 HD Native. The VST3 version crashed Mixbus, it just disappeared after a couple of seconds after trying to load MD-4. Worse with the VST2 version - that one crashed Mixbus and also the PC in such a way that several system settings, like display background, were messed up. The screen went completely black and after a PC restart also stayed black.

This is a very bad problem. I´ve seen some energy settings that have been messed up as well. This studio PC is optimized for audio production and it will take at least a day or two (studio standing still) to find out what other settings have been affected.

Sequoia and Samplitude on the same system do NOT cause any problems like this, and never a crash that has been THIS severe.

regards

Matt

ASUS Prime Z390-P
Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition
Sapphire Radeon RX 550 Pulse 2G G5
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler
650W ARLT Efficiency ATX Power Supply 80+%
Midi Tower be quiet! Pure base 600
32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 - 3000 (2x 16GB)
M.2 2280 M.2 (PCIe 3.0) SSD (System)
Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Samples)
2x Audio HD 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200
RME RayDat

PS: Sent this to support twice, never got answer. Is there anyone there or is everything from official support done in this forum?
(05-04-2021, 02:51 AM)MattzMix Wrote: Sent this to support twice, never got answer. Is there anyone there or is everything from official support done in this forum?

Hi MattzMiz.. welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
Notifying support is the correct move, the forum is good for general help and advice, but serious issues are best handled directly with Harrison.
Things are pretty busy at the moment so that's likely why you have not heard back yet.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-04-2021, 03:20 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 02:51 AM)MattzMix Wrote: Sent this to support twice, never got answer. Is there anyone there or is everything from official support done in this forum?

Hi MattzMiz.. welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
Notifying support is the correct move, the forum is good for general help and advice, but serious issues are best handled directly with Harrison.
Things are pretty busy at the moment so that's likely why you have not heard back yet.

Hi Dingo,

thanks for the info.

Matt
(05-04-2021, 02:51 AM)MattzMix Wrote: The screen went completely black and after a PC restart also stayed black.

This mightn't be relevant but in Windows 10 I've had an ongoing problem with my screen going randomly black just when clicking a Mixbus control or other controls in other programs. It turned out to be a problem with Microsoft OneDrive. I opened Task Manager and disabled OneDrive (in the Task Manager Startup menu) and that fixed it.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-04-2021, 09:09 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 02:51 AM)MattzMix Wrote: The screen went completely black and after a PC restart also stayed black.

This mightn't be relevant but in Windows 10 I've had an ongoing problem with my screen going randomly black just when clicking a Mixbus control or other controls in other programs. It turned out to be a problem with Microsoft OneDrive. I opened Task Manager and disabled OneDrive (in the Task Manager Startup menu) and that fixed it.

One Drive is generally disabled here, but thanks.
Are you running Windows 10? Normally I'd suggest that you try running in Safe Mode temporarily but I've never found a way to launch Safe Mode in Win10. I've seen at least 6 x different procedures described - but  nothing seems to work on my system  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!