Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Waves Tune is crashing MB32c v7
Anyone having Waves plugin issues with 32c V7? I've been using MB only for the mixing stage on a few projects since V7 was released with very good audio results, but some crashes occasionally. I finally got around to recording a project using it and had to switch back to Cubase 11 for tracking since MB would crash multiple times while using some waves vocal plugins. I would really like to find some stability because I do like the work flow and the mix results from 32c V7. Maybe I'm just not familiar with any set-up quirks or something? Any helpful suggestions appreciated.

My recording project was small (under 10 tracks) on Windows 10. i7 8th gen. 16G ram. SSD's, GTX 1060 4G. Drivers updated. Tried 2 different audio interfaces.
@ sonicvent -
Looking back at user posts here since V7 has been released, you will find many reports of users experiencing issues with WAVES plugins,
as well as many reports by users who have NOT experienced issues with WAVES plugins. And users who have had issues with WAVES plugins now fixed in V7.
Which WAVES plugins are you experiencing issues with? How are you using them (on individual tracks, mixbuses, master strip, etc.)?
Can you provide some additional information regarding what you are doing when the crashes occur?
Finally, it is recommended that you report your MB crashing experiences to Mixbus Support - Support@HarrisonConsoles.com

Cheers!
Patrick
Thanks PBuryk.

Waves Tune is the main culprit Waves IR reverb has also caused some issues, but Tune... OY! It causes constant crashing. Real Time Tune is not too bad though, I've used it on more than a few live worship recordings now. Whenever I enter the editor in Tune it only takes a few minutes before the program just freezes and I will have to force close it or it just vanishes (closes all by itself quickly). I hope that explains it better than the original post.

I am editing vocals in another program for now and then importing them to MBV 32c V7 for mixing.

I've also noticed some anomalies while using TB Audio DSEQ3. It seems that plugin windows stay open in the background even after closing them. I can find this by hovering over MB icon on the taskbar. They will not close from the task bar and don't appear to be open anywhere that I can find.