Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin controls opening issue
When using some 3rd party plugins, mostly plugin alliance I've noticed so far, there is an issue with all the plugins controls opening when the vst is first loaded. Anyone else had this problem, any solutions? Seems this only started at ver 6 mixbus32C. Thanks John
Yes the PA plugins all exhibit that behaviour. 
Apparently they are coded to force inline display in the VST3 build.
The VST version does not. Right Click / Controls / Hide All to get rid of it.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
yes that is a very bad behaviour of these plugins it slowed down my workflow since vst3 is supported a lot. having to hide that each time I open a plugin
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(04-19-2021, 10:35 PM)Dingo Wrote: Yes the PA plugins all exhibit that behaviour. 
Apparently they are coded to force inline display in the VST3 build.
The VST version does not. Right Click / Controls / Hide All to get rid of it.

That's interesting, doesn't react that way in reaper or even in earlier version of MIXBUS32. Thanks for responding, Dingo.
earlier versions of mixbus had no support of vst3 and that's the plugin version which has this behaviour, when you deinstall vst3 version of PA Plugins you don't have that behaviour, but also not the benefits of VST3.
And yes other DAWs other problems..
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(04-21-2021, 03:18 AM)arthie Wrote: earlier versions of mixbus had no support of vst3 and that's the plugin version which has this behaviour, when you deinstall vst3 version of PA Plugins you don't have that behaviour, but also not the benefits of VST3.
And yes other DAWs other problems..

Arthie, great point, I believe that explains why the issue is new to me. I wonder why Reaper doesn't react in the sa
me manner. Thanks, J