Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 6.2.407 64 bit crashes a lot
I updated from .270 to .407 when I saw that it was available, and started experiencing crashes on my Windows 10 64bit PC. I had no crashes on .270, and after yesterday's unforgivable crash rolled back to .270. I pressed space to stop after a sax solo take and Mixbus just disappeared. When I reopened the session it said that there was crash data, so I tried the recover option. All previous tracks were there, but the solo take was lost. UNACCEPTABLE.

I depend on Mixbus for my daily work, and spend 12-18 hours a day in the program. I REALLY like how it sounds, and the editing workflow. Crashes are not acceptable. I searched through the threads and seem to be the only one with this problem? I remember there was a folder somewhere with Windows crash info, but didn't see it in %localappdata%. I'd be happy to provide logs to help troubleshoot it, but the only information mentioned anywhere is about Mac crash logs.

Also, it's really annoying to have to enter my e-mail address to get a link to download the latest version from the website just to see which version is currently available.

Thanks for any assistance, I'll be in the studio all day again today, but I've turned e-mail notices on so I should at least know when there's some kind of update.
Have a look in the interchange / audiofiles folder, your last sax take may actually be there. You can import and spot to time.
I do not believe Windows does crash reports... contact support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com if you want an email response.

Annoying as crashes are I can give you some schadenfreude.
Some time ago I did a Dialogue Pre-Mix for a movie, it was about a weeks work.
I finished Christmas eve and the DA88 tape HAD to be in another state the next day so there was no time to make a safety copy.
The tape arrived in Melbourne, but the van was stolen from the depot and torched to cover the crooks tracks. 
They where after RAM chips which in the 90's hit prices bigger than gold.
Boxing day I was back in the studio redoing the premix from scratch....
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Win 7/64 32C6.2.407 works fine on my gear.
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
popaudioguy - a couple of things to try before you contact Harrison:-

1) It's never affected me - but several users report problems if the sessions are on their main Windows drive (usually your C: drive). If you're saving sessions on C: try moving them to some other drive.

2) Try launching Mixbus from a Command Prompt window - rather than double clicking. Command windows usually display the program's text output. And if you're lucky, that might give some clue as to why the crashes are happening.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-17-2021, 02:08 AM)johne53 Wrote: popaudioguy - a couple of things to try before you contact Harrison:-

1) It's never affected me - but several users report problems if the sessions are on their main Windows drive (usually your C: drive). If you're saving sessions on C: try moving them to some other drive.

2) Try launching Mixbus from a Command Prompt window - rather than double clicking. Command windows usually display the program's text output. And if you're lucky, that might give some clue as to why the crashes are happening.

johne53 - thanks for the ideas. I'll remember the CMD tip next time I'm having issues. I've been running about 12 hours a day in .270 without any issues, so I'll just wait to update until the next .revision (if there ever is one, as it looks like they're focused on v7 now.)

I never have my sessions on the OS drive. I'm running a WD m2 for the OS, have an older WD black non SSD 1TB that all the active sessions live on. Once complete they get archived and duplicated on 2 drives, one off site; then removed from my internal drive to keep space for the next projects. The on-site backup drive is stored in a fire safe right next to me, so there's easy access but still some level of protection in case of a bizarre building fire or something.