Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy automation between projects, how ?
As the title says...
Tried to copy bus automation, closed the project without leaving Mixbus, opened another one and tried to paste the copied automation data into the same bus,
nothing gets copied...
Tried to copy from the the bus to a channel, ok.
( without leaving Mixbus )
???
I need the automation data...

Thanks for fast reply
and best regards

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
What are you trying to achieve Klaus ?
If you are doing multiple mix versions, snap shots may be an easier way forward.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-14-2021, 02:54 PM)Dingo Wrote: What are you trying to achieve Klaus ?
If you are doing multiple mix versions, snap shots may be an easier way forward.

I need to transfer fader automation from an earlier snapshot to a later one with different audio...
Copied fader automation from the mixbus to an empty track, saved this track as template, opened the later project, added a track from this template, copied the automation to the mixbus as needed
Worked.
Saving mixbusses as template tracks would be great !
Best regards
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
If you're desperate for something like this to work, then it's possible in Reaper.

I'm not trying to get you to use a different DAW, it's just I have years of experience with that DAW so I know it's possible because I use it for composition all the time.

As for Mixbus, I'm not sure if it's possible or not. I am leaning to 'no'.

(In this space, I tried to link you to the current manual's page for automation. However, I am not allowed to post links.)

The manual is comprehensive and well written, so I feel that if this was possible, there would be an entry for it already.