Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI configuration gets lost / Ableton Push 2
Hello, I am writing here before emailing support to see if someone might have had a similar issue.
I am having the following problem in Mixbus 32C-6, Windows 10.

I make changes in the MIDI Devices INPUTS and OUTPUTS options (Control Data, Follow Selection) and don't get saved, in other words they go back to were they were before, sometimes when I reopen the Preferences tab and always when I restart Mixbus, this never happened to me before.

Here is a link to a gif showing the problem, I don't know how to embed it in the post

I am specifically trying to disable Ableton Push 2 MIDI Inputs and Outputs to be able to enable it as a Control Surface, as the Enable button is not working on the Control Surface tab and my hopes are that it may be due to that.
It was working last week so I am not sure what happened but it is driving me a bit crazy.

I tried uninstalling Mixbus and deleting every folder and config file that I could find to start fresh, running it as administrator, but it continues to happen, it seems to me that there must be some kind of config file or Registry entry hiding somewhere because after reinstalling Mixbus and deleting the AppData\Local\Mixbus6 folder the MIDI Inputs/Outputs checkboxes persist

On the previous installation there was a file called midi_port_info in the AppData folder that had MIDI information but it hasn't appeared yet, I've been also trying to understand a the config file that is there but hadn't had any luck yet.

In the meantime I will try other USB ports combinations for the devices, though I was hesitant to do so because as they are connected now Mixbus is recognizing all of them, which usually never happens.

Any help or support with this will be appreciated, even if it is just information about where the MIDI settings are saved or if there is something I might be missing.
Thanks for reading!

Ignacio