Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32c Issue: Recording, Inserts does not Record Over (?)
Is anyone else having issues recording with v6 of 32c whereby the software does not record over a previous take (with Non Layered Recording on) but rather Punch Ins or full re-Records simply inserts new material recorded and pushes already-recorded material down stream on the track (?). Is like the Insert function on word processing programs.  Then, when you go to Undo the new take, to revert back to the original take, since the Inserted new take throws everything out of whack, the software deletes everything down stream on the track (?).  I have never seen such instability in a program before and never had these issues with v5.
@Straker2001, thanks for pointing this out. 
I am not getting material moving (Text Insert style) but I am seeing the same behaviour with undo deleting the region to the right.
I have passed on a note to the developers.
The issue seems related to the last capture and undo and linking that to the next region.
A work around is to make sure you grab the re-recorded take and delete it.
Undo and delete do not actually trash any media, that still exists in the interchange folder.
At the end of the project you can cleanup the project to remove unused sources.
Is there any particular reason why you don't want to do Layered recording...? no issue just interested Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-10-2021, 11:29 PM)Dingo Wrote: @Straker2001, thanks for pointing this out. 
I am not getting material moving (Text Insert style) but I am seeing the same behaviour with undo deleting the region to the right.
I have passed on a note to the developers.
The issue seems related to the last capture and undo and linking that to the next region.
A work around is to make sure you grab the re-recorded take and delete it.
Undo and delete do not actually trash any media, that still exists in the interchange folder.
At the end of the project you can cleanup the project to remove unused sources.
Is there any particular reason why you don't want to do Layered recording...? no issue just interested Smile
Dingo, thanks for confirming on this, that I am not insane Wink 
re: non layered, just trying to keep things "clean", like to have the take I'm using out front; maybe stems from trying to save memory on the old hard drive recorders of the past.
Straker2001
I believe a fix is in the pipeline
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5