Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitoring/Recording
Direct monitoring means you are using the 2i2 as your monitor mix and there will be less delay between the mic and headphones.
Have a look at this https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...uffer-size
From memory there is a recording basics video... just having trouble finding it...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks again...lots of reading and experimenting to do!
You've been extremely helpful.
Unless you're using all the Mixbus 12 Mixbusses, I've found the easiest way is to designate #12 for headphone mix. Then it's simply a matter of sending tracks to MB12 from the trackside send knobs. (having first assigned the outputs of MB 12 to whatever outputs - physical - your headphones are on on the Interface).

This way you can easily add any reverb from the first 8 MB busses too.

I personally found the Foldback thing far too cumbersome with the sliders and all, far easier just to route an MB to the right output for tracking and recording, and then when you're mixing you can re-assign its output to use as a normal Mixbus for effects etc. I rarely find myself needing all 12 busses whilst tracking.
Scardanelli,

Thanks for the input! I actually thought of that (might have mentioned it in an earlier post) and tried it. it seemed to work ok. I only have 8 Mixbus sends, but I've never used all of them. I'll try both options and see which one feels right. The Foldback bus seemed to work well also when i tested it. I have another recording session scheduled so I'll figure it out then.
Thanks again!