Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSP very hight
Hello,

I work whith mixbus 32 c and my dsp is more than 90 %. (I hear some ccrackles)

My buffer size is to 2048 samples

Hardware input latency:1
Hardware output latency:1

Maybe i need to change this values ?

In my session I have just (on the master): amek eq 200, elysia alpha master, spl iron and one brickwall . No plug in the track (it's mastering session).

I don't understand because sometimes in other session i have more plugins and my dsp work well (50%).

My pc: intel Core i7-6700k CPU
4.00 Ghz
ram: 16 Go

thanks
(04-04-2021, 06:53 AM)frascal Wrote: In my session I have just (on the master): amek eq 200, elysia alpha master, spl iron and one brickwall 

Save the session and then remove them all temporarily (maybe even one at a time...)  Does that put the DSP reading back to normal?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Hi John,
When i remove the plugins my dsp done 24%. The eq amek need 30%.
But, 24% with no effect, just 12 tracks seems a lot ?

When you turn off plugins in mixbuss they continue to consume resources, it's strange ?
I must admit, 24% does seem high for what's essentially an empty session (plugin wise....) Are you working at a very high sample rate?

Also - are you using your computer's onboard sound device or a specialized sound card?

If you've got a specialized card, check its Control Panel to make sure it's also giving you the correct buffer size of 2048. Earlier versions of Mixbus could set the card to a different buffer size but that's been fixed in version 7.

And if all else fails, download and install the Jack backend - and see if using Jack might help.
Thanks for your help John.

I am allways working on 44100/16 bits.

I use a sound card rme fireface 802 and on a control panel of my card it's 2048.

I'll try to test Jack.

Do you think i have less probleme with mixbus 7 ?
I have found that some plugs, especially PA plugs, "hold" the DSP, even affecting it when bypassed. I use a wrapper for such situations, and find it often helps. This is what I use. It's incredibly useful and forces bypass on plugins that "cling" to DSP. Also allows parallel processing chains and oversampling of any plugin. Highly recommended, it's donationware for $2.

Kushview Element.

https://kushview.net/element/
(04-04-2021, 11:13 AM)frascal Wrote: I'll try to test Jack.

Do you think i have less probleme with mixbus 7 ?

Oops - if you're using an earlier version it might not even work with Jack  Sad
No, it'l all right I dowloaded the last version.

But I haven't the time to taste with mixbus 7 because I have to travel for my job.
Hello,
I installed mixbus v7 and now I have a message in red in the console: [ERROR]: Butler read ahead failure on dstream auditioner
And what do the numbers in parentheses mean after dsp
thanks
(04-28-2021, 09:40 AM)frascal Wrote: And what do the numbers in parentheses mean after dsp

Weirdly, my Mixbus system has booted up this morning without any mouse pointer visible - so from memory... I think the number in parenthesis might be the number of xruns detected. You can reset it to zero somehow - maybe by just clicking on it or possibly it's right-clicking.

Regarding the red error message, did you only see it once or is it happening regularly? If it's an ongoing error you;ll probably need to report it to Mixbus support.