Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region phase flip
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has a workable method to flip the phase of one or more selected regions. I know I could throw the region to another track, flip the phase, bounce the result to another track and then move the region back to it's original place - but really, any better solutions?  I do appreciate however that I may be the only person in the world who needs this nuanced tool. Related to this also, I would like to be able to nudge regions by n or -n number of samples. Any ideas?
MT
[MB32C v9, Soundscape, 11th Gen i9 5GHz, 32GB, Win 11 Pro, 2TB+ M.2 SSD, Control|24, MCS-3800, Dante & MADI network]
Lining up drums?
I have wondered and wanted to do the same thing- flip the waveform-
I’ve just been turning on the editor mixer so I can check the polarity button and flip
the image in my mind!
I do wish I knew how to set the nudge increment down to a single sample- especially after too much coffee and I jitter the track wheel. Maybe the Ardour manual explains?
(04-02-2021, 11:23 AM)DeeKay789 Wrote: Related to this also, I would like to be able to nudge regions by n or -n number of samples. Any ideas?
MT
Hi DeeKay789... welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
I can see the need for a region phase invert option but that is not currently available.
You might try rectified waveforms, I find that view easier when mod matching hits.
Preferences / Editor / Waveforms (in MB32Cv7).
To nudge at sample level, set the 'nudge clock' to samples (right mouse), then type in the number of samples you want to shift by. Use the < > keys to advance or retard the selected region/s.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thx Dingo, useful pointers, appreciated. I decided to go down the Lua route. I've successfuly written the dsp script and the action script for the editor. Tieing those two together is my current challenge. I've not found a succesful way of retieving region parameters from the EDL in a Lua script so the project may yet come to nothing. I'm also not convinced that getting the region parameters is the way to go. If I had them it would only give me pointers to the original audio data stream and I would be editting that - a bit of an anathma in a system that rarely ever touches the original underlying audio data. What I need is access to the processing stack to append the dsp code in real time for those specifc regions, and that's currently where I'm at in the Ardour forum :-)

For completeness, yes, you are both right, it's a drum correction task that started all this. I used MAutoAlign on each region 'after the fact' - I slipped/tempo adjusted beats across the kit first. That was an error. Nevertheless I thought back then I would just suck it up and edit all the little regions by hand and learn my lesson ...and so the trip down this rabbit warren began...
[MB32C v9, Soundscape, 11th Gen i9 5GHz, 32GB, Win 11 Pro, 2TB+ M.2 SSD, Control|24, MCS-3800, Dante & MADI network]