Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio file player / trigger / sampler
One feature I'd really love, which may just fit in with the new TapeX, is an audio file trigger.
Like a sampler, but it doesn't need all sorts of sampler functions, it just needs to trigger the audio files you've loaded into it.
1 trigger per file.

Well, why not use a sampler?
Because a sampler will usually play samples into 1 track only.
In order to play files into several tracks/mixbuses with different settings, I'd need to be triggering files from several samplers.

What I wish is a window where you see 1 square (or some other very visible knob) per audio file, and then you can send this one file to Track 3, this other file to Mixbus 2+4 etc.
Like a global internal audio player that will use Mixbus' routing.

I like Mixbus (32C) for live use, as the mixer window is such a great mixer.
But triggering files isn't that easy, and handling several samplers in different tracks or midi channeling out etc is a hassle.
Also, using an external sampler (which is what I usually go for) means setting up the rig every time, + samplers usually come with stereo outputs, so I'm not really able to route different files to different tracks or mixbuses.

I think this would be a great feature in Mixbus, maybe even in the TapeX window, as this is directed more towards the live part of Mixbus.
Of course it would be great if each file/sample could be midi triggered as well. Great for live use, great for anyone recording a podcast and having jingles, sound effects etc.

One more great asset of an audio file player, is that reference tracks could be loaded there when mixing.
That way you could keep the reference track out of your project ('cause reference tracks in the project, now that's always messy!). Maybe you could even route it directly to the monitor section, so it would bypass any master fx (like compressor and limiter), and it'd be easy to compare.
Maybe even have the ability to loudness analyze the reference track. That would be awesome, for comparison. But now I'm just getting greedy, I guess. Big Grin
+10000 to this!!! both things.
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
second idea is great, I love this, concerning the first idea: did you try a multi-out midi plugin-Sampler, you just can route the multiple outs of midi-plugins to different tracks or didn't that do the trick for you?
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Have a look at TX16wx it is a multi output sampler https://www.tx16wx.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Arthie and Dingo (as usual!) for both answers.
I was indeed doing it with a workaround. Created a track, insert AppTrigga plugin, load sample, write the MIDI. Rustic, but you know...

Im gonna give this tx16wx a go since have a free download, Im honestly new in the production techniques so I ended using what I have or in this case as I started, adding the WAV directly to the tracks and snap it to the grid. This is going to open a new world now.

And regarding to the second request, if Harrison consider this, could be a super useful thing. Im checking reference tracks on VLC player but due to my lack of RAM (I think) the audio (using onboard soundcard) is not playing fluid and I have to export the mix and check it with Mixbus closed. If something like this request appears, I belive its gonna be gooood.
Maybe I can update to 7 (or 8...) in the future, today Im on v6 due to my budget but Im still on Mixbus (L)
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
you could even go with the AB-Plugin or Streamliner from ADAPTR Audio, there you can load the referenz in and have multiple metering thingys going on, too. Perhaps that is an option for your workflow.
I think you are correct too Arthie!
I think both will be helpful... damn hahaha
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!
and you even can load these plugins onto your monitor section chain, so nothing in while exporting... Mixbus is so good for this, why didn`t I recognize that earlier, thank you for letting me think about that problem...
I last used TX16wx some versions ago.... just installed the latest and its crashing when importing some large wav files. It might just be my system but...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5