Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C ver.7.0 install error
I was installing Mixbus32c7.0 under Linux Mint 20.1 and I get the error message:

"WARNING: GCC4/5 libstdc++ ABI Mismatch

Mixbus32C was compiled with gcc4, your system uses a newer version of the
standard c++ library. Plugins on your system may not load or plugin-UIs
may cause crashes. "

If I continue, several plugins like the two drum sets are missing.   How can I fix this?

Thanks

Doug
(03-30-2021, 01:09 AM)Doug B Wrote: If I continue, several plugins like the two drum sets are missing.   How can I fix this?

Sounds to me that you installed the GCC4 version for old systems instead of the standard GCC 5 one!  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Same thoughts here.
Check the name of the V7 image that you downloaded/installed.
The gcc5 versions (for 64-bit and 32-bit) show "gcc5" in their filenames.
There is no "gcc4" shown in the gcc4 versions.

Cheers!
Patrick
(03-30-2021, 02:50 AM)Jostein Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 01:09 AM)Doug B Wrote: If I continue, several plugins like the two drum sets are missing.   How can I fix this?

Sounds to me that you installed the GCC4 version for old systems instead of the standard GCC 5 one!  :-)

I didn't install either-it was whatever the distro came with.  So do I now have to uninstall GCC4 and install gcc5?
(03-30-2021, 07:38 AM)PBuryk Wrote: >Check the name of the V7 image that you downloaded/installed.

name is "Mixbus32C-7.0.0-x86_64.tar"

The gcc4 appears in the error message, that's all I know.

So what do I do now?
Thanks for posting the filename - it, indeed, seems to be the gcc4 version.
I presume you downloaded that from a link in email that you got from Harrison?
There should be more links in that email and one of them is for the gcc5 64-bit image that you need.

Look for this section in that email:

Linux Users:
For Linux 64bit gcc5 click here (Linux 64bit gcc5)
To install on Linux: first right-click on the zipfile and choose "Extract Here" to extract the Mixbus installer. Then double-click the installer, or use Terminal to navigate to the installer and run it.

Cheers!
Patrick
(03-30-2021, 01:23 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Thanks for posting the filename - it, indeed, seems to be the gcc4 version.
I presume you downloaded that from a link in email that you got from Harrison?
There should be more links in that email and one of them is for the gcc5 64-bit image that you need.

Look for this section in that email:

Linux Users:
For Linux 64bit gcc5 click here (Linux 64bit gcc5)
To install on Linux: first right-click on the zipfile and choose "Extract Here" to extract the Mixbus installer. Then double-click the installer, or use Terminal to navigate to the installer and run it.

Cheers!
Patrick

Tried installing again using the exact same link that you quoted above, and the link that I used last time, and it worked!  Don't ask me how or why, all I know is that everything works now!

Thanks

Doug