Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track/master meter stuck on max
My track/master volume meters get stuck on red and won't come down.

There's this plugin I have that every time I open Mixbus, it sends some kind of popping signal or some such. I don't know why, and it gets the track and master meters stuck on max. I tried hitting the peak reset several times, and that works on the master bus (sometimes), but the track meter just gets stuck.

The only other choice I have is to remove the plugin, duplicate the track, add the plugin on the duplicate, and then it works just fine until I'm done with the session. When I open Mixbus again, same deal with the meter. What's wrong here? What's the deal with the meter getting stuck?
(03-18-2021, 09:33 PM)Reyn Wrote: My track/master volume meters get stuck on red and won't come down.

There's this plugin I have that every time I open Mixbus, it sends some kind of popping signal or some such. I don't know why, and it gets the track and master meters stuck on max. I tried hitting the peak reset several times, and that works on the master bus (sometimes), but the track meter just gets stuck.

The only other choice I have is to remove the plugin, duplicate the track, add the plugin on the duplicate, and then it works just fine until I'm done with the session. When I open Mixbus again, same deal with the meter. What's wrong here? What's the deal with the meter getting stuck?
Hi Reyn,

that sounds like a rogue plugin is generating a false value which can occur in some plugins (Reverb) or it could be something triggered in a plugin by something in the audio sample.
In your case as the meter deflection occurs on loading I would assume it is a plugin issue.
Can you email support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and let them know what the questionable plugin is, what your O/S and Hardwares are and see if they cannot replicate and possibly fix (or get fixed) the issue.  NaN (not-a-number)  .... most often caused by a "divide by zero" operation
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
And, in the meantime, I would recommend that you disable that plugin before you close your session so that the "Pop" does not occur during startup.
That "Pop" could be an unhealthy spike to your monitors/headphones and, eventually, damage them.

Cheers!
Patrick