Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start Button
Please make the Start button do something when it is pushed. Like have the Harrison icon spin on the screen or something. I never know if the program has launched or not......
Do you mean the one in the Audio/Midi Setup window? When I press it here - even on my slowest system it only takes a fraction of a second for the Mixbus logo to appear with various progress messages saying Loading plugins etc
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(03-19-2021, 03:03 AM)johne53 Wrote: Do you mean the one in the Audio/Midi Setup window? When I press it here - even on my slowest system it only takes a fraction of a second for the Mixbus logo to appear with various progress messages saying Loading plugins etc

Yes, that window. On my Win10, AMD Ryzen system, it takes a good 10 seconds for the Mixbus logo to show up. Regardless of the speed, it would till be nice to have some indication that the Start button was, in fact, pressed. Otherwise you are sitting and waiting, and not knowing what is happening.
Yes, it's quite annoying that those buttons don't even depress when you click them. I wonder if that's deliberate? Can't think of a reason for it   Huh
10 seconds?
Sounds like your Windows Defender, or some othered virus checker, is scanning the files that Mixbus is trying to launch.

Cheers!
Patrick
(04-12-2021, 06:30 AM)PBuryk Wrote: 10 seconds?
Sounds like your Windows Defender, or some othered virus checker, is scanning the files that Mixbus is trying to launch.

In fact... I wonder if it's the Mixbus plugin that's getting scanned..?

Brian - if you get a chance, maybe try installing regular Ardour and see if the corresponding Ardour image is also taking a long time to appear.
Just wondering if you got a chance to try this in Ardour ?
Johne53,

Sorry, was tied up with some other things. I haven't tried Ardour, but the timing of the image appearance is not really the issue. I understand that it takes time for stuff to load. What I was asking for was some sort of visual clue that the Start button has actually been pressed.
@Brian: are you using ASIO4ALL on your system, and is it what you've selected in the Audio Setup? Do you have this delay if you select a different device (like: your built-in soundcard via MME?)
Hi Ben. IIUC it's not the delay that's troubling Brian - it's the fact that when he clicks the Start button, there's no indication that it got clicked. I checked here on Windows and he's right. There's no reaction from the button at all. Maybe you could try it on the other platforms? It does seem strange that that one button never reacts when pressed.