Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP! Mixbus stops recording
Just (re)installed Mixbus 32c - 2.407, Windows Ed. Dell xps 7590 32gb ram

It records nothing, runs for two measure, leaves a wierd "colored in " solid lash/wedge and promptly stops itself after 2 measures.

Never seen this before - channels recieving inputs, looks ready to go, then rolls and stops.

Stop when xrun occurs is unchecked...
(03-15-2021, 08:57 PM)trbjazz_69 Wrote: Just (re)installed Mixbus 32c - 2.407, Windows Ed. Dell xps 7590 32gb ram

It records nothing, runs for two measure, leaves a wierd "colored in " solid lash/wedge and promptly stops itself after 2 measures.

Never seen this before - channels recieving inputs, looks ready to go, then rolls and stops.

Hi,
can you share screenshot, or short gif/video?
did you try with increased audio buffer size

Thanks
Some more things to try
turn off 'start audio engine' automatically
sometimes this works - - starting the audio engine, then stopping-changing buffer size, restarting audio engine, stop audio engine-change back to desired buffer, restart audio engine (all before pressing play or doing anything else) - - can fix some odd issues like that
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
A "colored-in slash/wedge" indicates that a file could not be written to (or read from) the disk. In this case I would expect the "log" indicator, in the top-right corner to blink red, and if you click that you will likely see some error messages with more details about the problem.

Perhaps an obvious question is: do you have enough space on disk to record?
(03-15-2021, 08:57 PM)trbjazz_69 Wrote: Just (re)installed Mixbus 32c - 2.407, Windows Ed. Dell xps 7590 32gb ram

This happened for me when I labeled a track using quotation marks, instead of just alphanumeric characters.
"MORE" instead of MORE. When I deleted the new track, saved my project, reopened and DIDN'T use quotation marks, I was back in business.
(11-14-2023, 05:31 PM)lancesaintash Wrote: This happened for me when I labeled a track using quotation marks, instead of just alphanumeric characters.
"MORE" instead of MORE. When I deleted the new track, saved my project, reopened and DIDN'T use quotation marks, I was back in business.

Yes, double quotes is a reserved character for Windows file names so not valid. Other reserved characters and file names listed here - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/window...ing-a-file
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.