aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: M1010 [M Audio Delta 1010], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712 multi]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: M1010_1 [M Audio Delta 1010], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712 multi]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

There are instructions here https://delta.brainiac.com/deltasync.html which show a way to create one ALSA virtual device from two real devices. Those instructions show some tweaks to /etc/modprobe.conf  which would need adapting to my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

There's also an example ~/.asoundrc file.

Are these the things successful users of two Delta 1010s are doing to get their systems to work?

When I get this working, then I'll post my 2021 recipe for Linux Mint.

Thanks again.
The example configurations presented, above, look very familiar to me.
I'm not at the studio at this time and hope to remember this topic next visit and review the configuration of my multi-track server there.

Cheers!
Patrick
I've got things running with two Delta 1010 audio interfaces. The recipe is here:  http://www.jrigg.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

For this to work I have to start jackd before starting mixbus, like this:
jackd -d alsa -C multi_capture -P multi_playback &
/opt/Mixbus32C-6.2.270/bin/mixbus32c6 &

I also have to make sure that ~/.jackdrc contains this:
/usr/bin/jackd -t 200 -p 2048 -R -T -d alsa -n 2 -r 48000 -p 1024 -I 35 -O 35 -d hw:M1010,0 -X raw

I tried to put the "-C multi_capture -P multi_playback" into ~/.jackdrc, which didn't work. Instead mixbus failed to reconnect the channels, and ~/.jackdrc reverted to the motherboard 2 channel audio. I tried lots of combinations of options in ~/.jackdrc. For instance, I removed "-d hw:M1010,0" and made sure the -C and -P options were after "-d alsa".

Another thing I tried was to see if qjackctl would show me the currently running options by starting qjackctl after I started jackd on command line. That used to work.... a decade or more ago. qjackctl was wildly unhappy, and jackd exited with errors. In this case qjackctl left ~/.jackdrc as it was.

So, does anyone know how to get mixbus to start jackd the way I'm doing it manually?

Thanks much, Kevin
In case someone else wanders this way and finds the same result, below is code for a bash script which will start jackd, then start mixbus, and stop jackd after the mixbus exits.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# Start jackd
jackd -d alsa -C multi_capture -P multi_playback &
jackd_proc_no=$!

# Start Mixbus 32
/opt/Mixbus32C-6.2.270/bin/mixbus32c6

# Stop jackd
kill $jackd_proc_no