Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux "Declick" / "Decrackle" Plugin
(02-05-2020, 06:40 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 02:45 PM)basementmedia Wrote: Hey there,

I'm just wondering if there is a usable plugin for Mixbus (Linux variant) that lets you get crackles and clicks out of wav files.
In Windows times (God forgive me;-) I used Steinberg's "Decklicker" and "Decrackler", both of which worked very well. Please tell me there is something like that for Linux as well...;-)

Best wishes
Daniel

You could train the noise repellent to do this...
I personally remove clicks in the editor and if there are quite many - something has gone wrong before it landed in my DAW. Undecided

MMM

Yes... all good in the pristine world of a recording studio where you are cutting out the odd rim hit etc... but in Post Production I could not exist without RX.. the most recent show I am working on is about homelessness in Australia, shot in winter on the noisey streets of Sydney with radio mics buried under multiple layers of clothing and rain coats.
Declick and Rustle enable me to edit minutely within the spectrum, I only need to attack very selected frequency / time areas which enables me to keep the rest of the recording in tact.
Spectral editing is like having a microscope and scalpel ... there are times when you need such tools, maybe not everyday but... pity iZotope do not release in Linux (VST ?) and sorry I cannot point the OP in the direction of any other options.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Linux "Declick" / "Decrackle" Plugin - by Dingo - 02-05-2020, 07:03 PM