Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lua Scripting 101: Macro actions
Fascinating possibilities.
I’m curious if MixBus can send out scripts in MIDI to hardware connected to it.

I’m trying to do what I do in the Scope DSP Platform on MixBus.

Example.
On my Physis K4 Master MIDI Controller I can use an Expression Pedal and CC# 53 to move 6 virtual Hammond B3 Drawbars on my HX-3 Organ Module (FPGA Based Hardware).
It’s a custom MIDI Device that receives one MIDI CC# and then spits out 1-16 different MIDI CC#’s, each with their own curve modifiers, start and destination points, etc.
While I don’t expect MixBus to be that advanced with modifiers, etc. I’m hoping I can send the MIDI CC# 53 from Expression Pedal to a knob or controller in MixBus that can spit out the multiple CC#’s that would each be assigned to a virtual drawbar on my Hardware, so in essence MIDI in Commands to Controllers > to MIDI Out > to Hardware.

Haven’t bought MixBus yet but if these scripts can be used like that I will just get the big Kahuna.
I also do recording and mixing when I’ve got time off, but I’m very busy performing, pre production and have Janurary off every year.
Would love to build a spare rig using MixBus, replacing my current host Bidule, then eventually use MixBus live and retire my 9 years XITE-1 DSP Rack.

It as the only audioMIDI Interface for live performance that routed in low latency hardware,and had fully automated mixers via MIDI back in 2003.
I fear it’s going to eventually just stop.

Would love to use MixBus and have the old XITE-1 as a spare.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lua Scripting 101: Macro actions - by Divebarkeys - 12-08-2018, 01:28 AM
RE: Lua Scripting 101: Macro actions - by truemix - 12-08-2018, 11:28 AM