Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux and Zoom R16+R24
(08-03-2016, 12:44 PM)Plumocelot Wrote: Hello, I'm new to the forum but I'd like to share some recent success with the Zoom R16 and Zoom R24 recorders as an input device.

I've been using Mixbus for a few months now and I'm loving it. Normally I use a FocusRite for my interface but this week I successfully got the R24 to record under Linux which now gives me 8 simultaneous inputs should I need them and midi control of the faders/solo and transport.

I'm using Qiana Studio from Bitwig as my Linux install as it is a kind of hybrid of KXStudio and Ubuntu Studio for 64 bit and it's running on a fairly cheap laptop from ebuyer (sold with linux) which I fitted with an SSD. Has four cores and 8Gb of memory and has been very stable so far with Mixbus 3.4 and today with Mixbus 32C.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/home/news-arch...tudio.html

To get the Zoom R24 to work under Linux I updated to the brand new 4.4 Linux Kernel (low latency) which has only been around a few weeks but now has the Zoom support.

QJackCtl settings I can probably screen capture and post here if anyone is interested.

The Midi control surface works with a few tweaks of the Mackie protocol and again I'll show my settings if this is useful.

Spend a whole day recording and mixing with Mixbus 32C and to say I am delighted is an understatement. This really is a terrific piece of work from your developers.

I'll post some mixes soon too.

Plum

Some QJackCTL settings

Plum

(08-04-2016, 08:19 AM)Plumocelot Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 12:44 PM)Plumocelot Wrote: Hello, I'm new to the forum but I'd like to share some recent success with the Zoom R16 and Zoom R24 recorders as an input device.

I've been using Mixbus for a few months now and I'm loving it. Normally I use a FocusRite for my interface but this week I successfully got the R24 to record under Linux which now gives me 8 simultaneous inputs should I need them and midi control of the faders/solo and transport.

I'm using Qiana Studio from Bitwig as my Linux install as it is a kind of hybrid of KXStudio and Ubuntu Studio for 64 bit and it's running on a fairly cheap laptop from ebuyer (sold with linux) which I fitted with an SSD. Has four cores and 8Gb of memory and has been very stable so far with Mixbus 3.4 and today with Mixbus 32C.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/home/news-arch...tudio.html

To get the Zoom R24 to work under Linux I updated to the brand new 4.4 Linux Kernel (low latency) which has only been around a few weeks but now has the Zoom support.

QJackCtl settings I can probably screen capture and post here if anyone is interested.

The Midi control surface works with a few tweaks of the Mackie protocol and again I'll show my settings if this is useful.

Spend a whole day recording and mixing with Mixbus 32C and to say I am delighted is an understatement. This really is a terrific piece of work from your developers.

I'll post some mixes soon too.

Plum

Some QJackCTL settings
Plum

Jack control surface connections

Plum

Messages In This Thread
Linux and Zoom R16+R24 - by Plumocelot - 08-03-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Linux and Zoom R16+R24 - by madmaxmiller - 08-04-2016, 06:49 AM
RE: Linux and Zoom R16+R24 - by Plumocelot - 08-04-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: Linux and Zoom R16+R24 - by Nates - 08-10-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Linux and Zoom R16+R24 - by Plumocelot - 08-13-2016, 10:27 AM