Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
(10-27-2023, 01:41 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 10:49 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: In addition, concerns about the usability of Apple and Microsoft products for audio production have already been raised, for example, on the RME forum.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php...27#p209327

The only issue I see in the post you have quoted is that macOS is too expensive for the poster, there is nothing there about reduced functionality under macOS.

(10-26-2023, 10:49 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: In addition, Mac and Windows systems are obviously trying to include (by someone's order) monitoring tools with which e.g. security authorities can monitor the contents of your computer.

I do know that Apple has refused American courts and police requests to crack open iPhones so sorry but I would need some real information about 'someone's orders' - sounds very grassy knoll to me - if in doubt don't connect to the internet.

(10-26-2023, 10:49 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: In addition, a law is being prepare at the EU level to ban end-to-end encrypted communication.

Kind of understandable with organised crime and terrorists using such means to freely communicate.
Personally I'm happy for anybody to listen in to my phone calls - they'd get very bored real quickly Smile

As I mentioned, I don't feel like digging up every link to those topics. You can find them on your own if you want to see them.

"Kind of understandable with organised crime and terrorists using such means to freely communicate.
Personally I'm happy for anybody to listen in to my phone calls - they'd get very bored real quickly"

The end result is a world where nothing is private. If that's what you want to live in, then why not.

Linux is good and completely usable for audio work. I hope everything will be fine here in the future.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic - by Sojuzstudio - 10-27-2023, 02:41 AM