Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
I dont know,
From what I read Mixbus was sold, and SSL now owns it.
So I dont feel comfortable that Mixbus will be useful for us Linux Audio Producers in the future.
My Linux audio setup is just so fantastic and solid as the rock of Gibraltar, and something i could never achieve with windo$e.

What makes Mixbus great for me, is that i could never achieve ~2ms Latency with no x-runs on any other DSP desk, and the best I got on windows was 8ms. I have realtime monitoring which is sooooo useful for run-ups and rehearsal and to hear interactions realtime on takes when recording. I recently bought more Motu gear as Motu had some good arguments  why I could get to sub 1ms with some of their new gear. That would put 2ms at Nyquist, which would be phenominal.

Then the devotion that Harrison had to Linux, was just absolutely a heavensent.
That is why I bought it and supported it.

Now I dont know anymore.
If Harrison was still at least in control of something it would be fine, but since it seems they are sold to SSL, eventually the great Mixbus environment, and therefore the Mixbus Legacy, will likely phase into something perpetually dumb as it usually does with a takeover.

Harrison was such an epic name in the industry and the Linux support was a heavensent.
Sad to see it sold off to the Windi$h world.
No good ever comes out of Wind$sh.

I honestly dont know who this is good news for. For me it is definitely not, but I understand business pressures and the consequences thereof.
No hard feeling toward the Harrison's, but I sure hope they have clauses in the contract to guarantee the legacy of Harrison. If not, that would be a brutal fail.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic - by zimbodel - 10-25-2023, 12:47 AM