Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
(04-13-2023, 02:59 AM)krans Wrote: To be honest, what I fear is that hardware gets all the focus.
Two solid hardware companies doing what everyone knows they can.
But I don't need hardware. I'm here for the software, for the decades of hardware experience coming into my laptop as software, and I can bring it wherever I want.

I also fear iLok solutions. And subscription solutions. And Linux support losing its priority.

What I hope for, on the other hand, is more resources for more great integrated tools and plugins, more resources for making our beloved Mixbus 32C a rock solid DAW with a sound that blows everything else away.
I really hope it gets more priority, not less.

iLok, I wonder why anyone wants to use it. The whole system is from the devil. There is a third party between the parties (Supplier and customer) who, with his devilish agenda, will bill you if the stick breaks and you want to use your license. Would you give your car keys to a nasty neighbor because he has a special key cabinet?

I also want the licensing to remain unchanged and the pricing of updates as well. Otherwise, I feel like I've been the victim of a screw-up. I know Harrison wouldn't do that, but what is the SSL policy. Are they soldiers of light or of darkness?
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic - by Sojuzstudio - 04-13-2023, 04:37 AM