Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
Lots of good points raised here.

As of last week, I am no longer an owner but just an employee; so I can't guarantee anything. All I can promise is that I will try to maintain our commitments to cross-platform, personalized support, and other values that we have created with Mixbus. During the purchase process, we had to prove that Mixbus was GPL compliant and was a viable commercial product.  Every indication is that they know what they bought and they want to continue it.

Audiotonix has a history of improving brands, not hurting them...  SSL itself is a great example.  They are a much more innovative company now, than 5 years ago.  I'm very jealous of their new developments like the small control-surfaces.

Comparisons to Soundscape don't make sense, in my opinion. SSL bought Sydec for their I/O boxes. By many accounts, Soundscape was an excellent DAW with a very smart featureset(*), but it didn't have nearly the width or depth of features as Mixbus. Furthermore it was windows-only, and at the end of the day it didn't have very many users.  It has always been my opinion that  a DAW's value increases exponentially as the number of users increase.  Soundscape didn't have the platform or staff or breadth of features to support growth, but Mixbus does.

(*)  the Audition action is borrowed directly from Soundscape, by the way

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic - by Ben@Harrison - 04-12-2023, 08:20 AM