Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
Congratulations to this deal. It really might bring my preferred DAW a big step further!
However...
(04-11-2023, 10:24 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I don't anticipate any immediate changes wrt linux support. We're certainly continuing our developments with the expectation that linux will continue. Personally I'm a huge linux fan and user.  On the other hand, for my 'real' audio tasks I use a mac.

-Ben

...any immediate change sounds alarming to me and I would read it as: Sooner or later we will discontinue... 
I had this once with Notator / Logic: After investing a lot of money for all updates the Windows version was discontinued and I could trash all my software.
After that I decided switch to Linux even for music production and never again rely on paid software. However - after installing the demo version I changed my mind because it felt perfect for me. It's still the only payed software I use (but not the only software I pay for) - apart from some plugins.
So I really hope we can delete the 'immediate' from this sentence and maybe as well dream that some SSL plugins will be developed for Linux as well. Unfortunately professional Linux audio software does not suffer from quality but still and only from vendor support! 
And don't forget : Mixbus would not exists at all without Linux!
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic - by Holger - 04-11-2023, 07:13 PM