Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus DOES NOT have a "sound" - until it does!
(10-02-2019, 05:24 AM)willecho Wrote: The “Sound” of Mixbus de-mystified

Let’s put this to bed once and for all using science, logic and clear thinking.

Well, here we go again. Look up the other threads here in the forum about sound differences.

Let's make a metaphor and some direct statements to the resonnement in your post.

You have two cars, one with AC(Mixbus) and one without AC(any other DAW). When both engine are of, they are just as hot as the other in a sunny place. You see - they are both the same and both are hot.

Then you turn on the engine in both cars and the car with AC gets cold while the other car remains hot. So now they are different.

I think this experiment have minor real value. I'm interested in how it feels to drive the two cars in a sunny day and if one is better than the other.

The interesting comparison is: Is there a difference if you use the options you get in the program and utilise the tools provided from the vendor. Mixbus32C have a digital model of transistors, resistors etc. from the analog EQ in a 32C console. Just turn it on and it will change the sound to the better. The summing engine are Harrison specific and it comes more into play when you have more than one track.

So, the post are mainly technical correct, but it's a academic exercise that I guess have minor interest in practical life.

When I use Mixbus the way it's meant to be, it sound different and better than other DAWs. I'm coming from another DAW and Mixbus sound way better than my previous DAW. When you also count in the easy and flexible licensing regime, the great user support, the open communication between the developers and the users, Harrison is a very easy, safe and pleasant choice.

:-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixbus DOES NOT have a "sound" - until it does! - by Sthauge - 10-02-2019, 10:30 AM