Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Sound at all 220.4 Ubuntu studio SOLVED
(04-21-2024, 05:41 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 03:24 PM)wavesound Wrote: Hi All I did as you've all mentioned I removed all usbs,as this didn't work I fired up my old thinkpad (Ubuntu) Guess what!!!! It was the SSL failing (2 months old)

Good to hear you resolved it!

(04-21-2024, 03:24 PM)wavesound Wrote: Will never use SSL again. Trawling through the net for  a new interface, linux compatible. I don't need all singing and dancing just a few nice inputs and well, works. Scarlet looking good at moas long as i can turn of the air mode.Thank you all for your help.

The irony... Mixbus is SSL now, too!  Big Grin
For an interface: I'm using a Motu Ultralight AVB together with a Behringer ADA8200 for a total of 16 I/O.
The charme of it is, that the device runs a webserver for its internal DSP and through the Ethernet port this is available netwide in your network. That means you can monitor through hardware with a complete DSP mixer with EQ, Gate, Reverb, Compressor..., and the talents can have their own cue mix on their phones or tablets or what ever they bring. Saves a personal monitoring system.
I don't know if Motu still make them and you need to make sure you can "downgrade" the firmware as later firmware versions violate class compatibility and don't run with Linux - ask me for the latest working version if you want to go that way.

Another option would be using a digital mixer as an interface, I had a Qu32 for a while and was happy with it. Now I have a Soundcraft UI24R for my hardware synths, which works a charm there, too. And again has a web interface Smile

Cheers, MMM

Hi
Thanks for this, Must be my Luck but I used anX32 Rack about a year old ( had the mixer for years). Then the usb and ethernet stopped working. It's away for repair at the moment.
I thought just get the SSL.
Then I got the black screen on login so re-installed the desktop. No Joy. I now the the tascam 1608 which causes jack to fail to start.
I think I'll bite the bullet and reinstall a new OS.
Cheers for all your help.

Can I be this unlucky.
Cheers
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Sound 22.04 Ubuntu studio - by wavesound - 04-20-2024, 01:07 PM
RE: No Sound at all 220.4 Ubuntu studio - by wavesound - 04-25-2024, 05:40 PM