Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin?
(09-13-2021, 07:03 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Seems to be fashionable at the moment. There's another guy named Paul Third (a very annoying one) and some guy in Austria. One guy has taken a white noise, sent it through a 32C EQ and then tweaked another EQ until it nulled. Yeah, right.
What's more disturbing is that people are willing to believe some random Youtube guys right away (but not Harrison) without trying it out themselves - I mean the tools are freely available.

MMM

P.S. in the case of the Austrian guy it turned out he is co-auther of an EQ pluging, go figure.

I think my favourite was some idiot taking a single stem export from a channel, with no summing involved, selecting "no processing" and then claiming that mixbus was "snake oil" because there was no difference! Nope not analogue! The kid wasn't even old enough to have used anything analogue, let alone access to a real 32C.

Here's the question none of them answer:
Does it sound and act like a hardware 32C channel?

These "debunkers" don't actually define how "analogue" or how "Harrison" (or in this case how the 32C eq) should sound or function.

What eq curve should it have, exactly? - How does the plugin differ?

What ballistics should the compressors have? - How does the plugin differ?

What tonal changes (or not) should said compressors have? - How does the plugin differ?

What is the math? - How does the plugin differ?

How should the eq curve react at different settings? - How does the plugin differ?

Did they emulate the interaction between the eq bands? - How does the plugin differ?

They fail at basic comparison testing.

Messages In This Thread
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin? - by Warevo - 08-16-2021, 04:12 AM
RE: Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin? - by thekoala - 09-14-2021, 01:05 PM