Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin?
(09-14-2021, 01:47 AM)bachstudies Wrote: I think my main issue is the disingenuous marketing about "Every resistor, capacitor, and transistor" being included in the model. No, no and no. That's tantamount to a big fat lie. It's also clear to me that discussing this with regular users is going to be futile after "fanboy" mode kicks in. I've been using Mixbus for years but I'm left disturbed and disappointed based on the facts presented in the video.
Read Gary's response here... https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-10336.html

Before you go saying 'big fat lie' or 'snake oil sales' I'd like to stop you right there and tell you that they have done exactly that, the guys at the factory have measured and calculated every parameter of the original to replicate what was designed.

Harrison have spent years mapping their analog products... when they started the digital backend conversions for the enterprise consoles, I know because I was there and one of the customers who drove the factory to get the digital engine sounding as good as the analog.
I've been mixing for over 40 years and I can tell you that what happens is analog components drift over time so a factory new console will not sound like a twenty year veteran that's had coke, coffee and fag ash dropped in it.

The classic hit sound is not just the tape that saturated (cause most times you had to push the shit off a signal to get tape sat to kick in) nor the bit of color that failing caps or bad connectors made. It was as much about the space and manner in which you recorded.
Most of the real classic studios Olympic, Lyndhurst Ensemble studio, Muscle Shoals, Abbey Road, Gold Star Studios, The Church - Columbia on 30th or Columbia on 7th Ave or any of the Columbia LA stages allowed for musicians to play as an ensemble and this is why the performance stands out... they were playing together.

In the 80's studio designers and engineers were pushing for the iso room style of recording... everyone on headphones in their own little space or being over dubbed without anyone else there... great for the engineer but in the sonic scheme of things a big step backwards.

I've been a customer of Harrison for most of my professional career and have always found them to be the fairest and most honest bunch of top people to deal with. I don't know Dan Worrell, and I don't think much of his attitude nor null and void tests but I do know Gary and Ben and all the good folks in Nashville and that's my two cents...

Ian (Dingo) McLoughlin
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5

Messages In This Thread
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin? - by Warevo - 08-16-2021, 04:12 AM