Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin?
(09-13-2021, 04:02 AM)bachstudies Wrote: https://youtu.be/U9eySYxwDXI?t=419

I think the video speaks for itself. Embarrassing.

I don't have this plugin, but assumes that Mixbus32C has the same stuff when I write this text:

I saw the video and it seems to me that the author has no idea about what the plugin is about and why. I think he (and people that buys everything he says) should read about why the compressors only have three settings. And with small efforts, he would also understand why and how the 32C EQ is "without" adjustable Q. He's using most of his time to wish that the compressors and the 32C EQ are something completely different from what they are and the purpose of the different section's layout and workflow.

I'm quite sure that many good, real analog consols also "Does It Null" when everything is set to neutral. The beauty of the 32C is when you start to turn the knobs and also how they interfere with each other. It's amazing how fast one can make a good mix with the 32C EQ. And the 2 knob operations of the compressors are done for a reason.

I think the author is comparing apples with pears here without understanding the 32C EQ's selling point or philosophy - he maybe understands intellectually what they do but if I judge from the video, I think he has no idea of how to use these compressors and the 32C EQ. You can't compare the plugin's compressors that way with compressors that have fully attack and release controls and you certainly can't compare the 32C EQ with FabFilter Pro-Q 3, they are doing the jobs in different ways. There is no smell of snake oil in her IMO. When you use the compressors and 32C EQ on all the tracks, everything tends to blend together. If the raw material (the tracks) is good, then this package should be sufficient most of the time.

I will again say that I'm saying all this as a Mixbus32C user, not as an 32C Channel AVA plugin user.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox

Messages In This Thread
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin? - by Warevo - 08-16-2021, 04:12 AM