Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED : AVA ME crashed Linux Mint in a bad way ( Linux only )

Toggle HPF, toggle LPF, crash. Bitwig 2.3.2. Linux Mint 18 KDE.

'In a bad way' means that the audio is totally gone bad. Restart plugin, close Bitwig, restart Bitwig, load pianoteq for a clean sound reference... sounds like frying eggs. Close Bitwig again, restart, audio still is crackling all over.

To make it simple, computer needs rebooting to recover quality of audio.

Background: I run 90% of the plugins available for Linux since more than two years now. Recently I started to run Windows plugins such as ALL the Voxengo plugins, along with Synplant and Microtonic. I have seen plugins crashing before (although I do not recall with corruption of the OS audio system) and I have seem Bitwig's sandboxing (default behaviour) working very good and restarting crashed plugins very well.

Did not test in Mixbus32C.

UPDATE

Rebooted a few times. removed AVA ME from being sandboxed (did not make things better). It turns out that the plugin crashes at the moment the curve is clicked upon. No need to do anything else. And it always crashes along with corrupting the audio layer which needs a reboot of the machine.

Messages In This Thread
SOLVED : AVA ME crashed Linux Mint in a bad way ( Linux only ) - by jonetsu - 04-25-2018, 03:30 PM